Pages

Graduation countdown

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's Business Time


Next week I graduate from BYU and I'm honestly glad to say that I accomplished what I set out to accomplish . . . I won an intramural championship in the Upper Division (see my wife's posting below).  I feel like my undergraduate career was a success because of that.  One scary thing about graduating is that I am losing part of my income.  I have been working for BYU in the OIT Network Security department over the past years and it has been a great second job that has allowed me to be flexible around my serving job at Red Robin.  Instead of picking up more shifts at the dirty bird I've decided to hit the photography business hard this summer and get some business.  First step: advertise.  I just ordered a few business cards which will be ready on Monday (by a few I mean 5000 . . . the deal was amazing).  The front of the card is displayed above and the back is here below.


So get the word out to all you know that may need a photographer this summer.  Also take some cards to pass out to your friends--trust me I'll have enough.

On another note, yesterday was the deadline to put down a deposit at either Temple or George Mason.  So the decision was officially made and Temple has some of our money being mailed out to them.  Along with the money and other supplementary forms, they asked for a passport-sized picture of me to keep on file.  So this smiling beauty below is for you Austin.


Ask and ye shall receive.

5 comments:

Aaron said...

Kyle, I'm glad that you got your championship! That's pretty cool. It's also cool that you had that OIT job so long. Its funny that I got that job back in Jan. '01 and look how many Baillio's (and Payne's) had that job! Crazy...

I wish you were out here...we desperately need family and individual photos. Its just not the same working with a German dude. Oh well...good luck with it!

Sarah said...

Yeah Kyle!! We are so excited for you! Congrats on the game, I am sure that was a HUGE accomplishment. Good luck with the photo biz, I'll send your info to my brother and sister in law, they are just about to have another baby, so they might be in need of some pictures.

Wish we could be there for your graduation. It seems like we were just there, and Megan was prego and graduating! Time flies

Eric said...

Hello (it is Amy Hyde) - congratulations on your basketball win. You and Will are a little competitive :). Also, congratulations on Temple Law School and good luck. We LOVED our three years at law school. We met some of our best friends and had so much fun. You will be doing a lot of work but have fun too :)!!! By the way - your kids are so dang cute!

Megan said...

You're pretty dang cute honey. And I'm not so bad of a photographer....hehe

Lindsay said...

So I am just so happy for you guys! Everything is falling into place, you're moving on, you're excited about your next school, you won your season, you have a beautiful family, and life is GOOD! I'm just really glad we have these blogger thingies so I can keep track of your awesome life!