1. Hallee is potty trained. I am still in awe and wonder and excitement and joy. You have no idea how much I am grateful for 1 less poopy diaper to change every day. no idea.
2. Maddie is 1! Holy moly. I can't believe that she has been with us for a year. Time goes by way too fast. She just had her 1 year appt and she is 50th % for height, 75th% for weight, and 98th% for head size. Yay! She is big and healthy. And the whole big head thing was expected because her sister has one too. :)
3. I am happy. I love my little family so much. My husband couldn't be better to me. My kids couldn't be sweeter and cuter and more fun than they are. Tonight I played with playdough with Hallee right before bed, and when she came over to kiss me goodnight, she said, "thanks for playing gloop with me." How sweet is that? Goodness.
Hallee and Maddie love each other so much. It makes me so happy. Granted Maddie has some issues with things being taken away from her because of Hallee's tendencies to do just that. Here are some things that I need to document so they can be reminded down the road just how much they loved each other.
- They genuinely love giving each other hugs and kisses, especially right after one of them wakes up from a nap. It's like they missed each other during that time.
- Hallee sometimes protests when I need to go put Maddie down for a nap, or put her to bed at night, because she wants to play with her.
- One day, Hallee taught Maddie how to say ooooo, and they sat there for probably 15 minutes saying ooooo to each other and laughing about it.
- Maddie is always watching Hallee. She definitely looks up to her.
- Hallee calls Maddie "my maddie" rather than my sister, or just maddie.
- One day when I was driving home with the girls, Maddie was crying a lot, and her binkie fell over the side, which I couldn't reach, and I just couldn't console her. I was saying things like, it's ok maddie, you're ok, and so on, and Hallee started chiming in to help. Finally when it kinda got quiet, Hallee goes, "I'm sorry Maddie, don't cry maddie, it's ok, don't cry. Mommy can't reach your pacifier right now. We are almost home. We will be home soon. It's ok maddie." It was seriously the sweetest thing I have heard from a child. I got teary eyed listening to her say it that way. She genuinely cared and wanted to help Maddie stop crying.
So...there is some living proof. They really do love each other.
Ok, a picture story from the last month...to come....

3 comments:
It's kinda like we're living parallel lives on opposite sides of the country. Give or take a few details. Even on those nights when you didn't get NEARLY enough sleep, the sweet little moments add up to be everything you need anyway.
Too cute!! I love the stories- your girls are just precious!!
Oh man...the comment you left about the "visitor"- WOW...SOOO glad you found it. I'm sure you're relieved!! haha...that really was kind of funny because it was such a shock :) OH!! I may be headed to Philly again on Feb. 19th to see the Spurs play! I'll keep you posted!!! It would be fun to get together again if y'all are around or wanna go to the game!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!
your girls are so sweet to each other:)
Post a Comment