So today we had to take Hallee to the emergency room, because while I was walking, breastfeeding, and trying to get hallee out of my bedroom all at the same time, I pulled her off the bed and heard a pop in her arm (I thought it was in her wrist). Bad mom? Felt like it....anyway, she was screaming in pain and wouldn't move her arm, so I called Kyle to come home....we took her to the emergency room and found out it was a lot less severe than we expected. She got "
nursemaid's elbow." Basically there is a ligament that gets caught in a painful position on the radius around the elbow and the radius is dislocated. The doctor twisted her arm a certain way and it popped back in with no problems or pain, and within a minute she was using her arm again. He said it is extremely common and likely to happen again. So if this happens to your child, this is what you're supposed to do to put it back in.

Thank goodness it was as easy as that...It killed me to watch her in so much pain. Kinda makes me think of how God feels when we are in pain or suffering, much less when Christ suffered.
4 comments:
Yikes...that is scary. This actually happened to my brother's kid. It's crazy how common it is too!
Wow! I'm glad it's not so bad. Blade threw up on someone's couch 2 nights ago and tonight spit up on another woman's couch. good times
WOW! Yeah I don't blame you for being scared. I think I would be freaking out as well. I don't do well with those type things. I hate the feeling of being a bad mom and it just cares on forever for me. I'm glad that everything was ok though.
Hours before our trip to Costa Rica, Danica did the same thing to her daughter. She was freaked that it was severe, and also that it was going to ruin the trip to Costa Rica, again! But everything worked out just fine!
Post a Comment