Pages

Graduation countdown

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Saturday, January 31, 2009

I just have to brag a little

So, I was thinking today about some recent fun things and blessings in the Payne home.
1. Hallee said her first prayer the other day. It was so fun and so rewarding to hear her say a prayer.
2. Hallee can count to ten. She says 1,2,3,4,5,6..9.10. Apparently 7 and 8 don't make the cut. But I am so proud of her!
3. I have actually lost almost 30 pounds in 10 weeks. I have to admit, that's pretty dang good. Don't worry, I still have at least 10 more to go. And it's all been done in a very healthy, still enjoy desserts, kind of way.
4. This one's big right now...Kyle has already been accepted to 2 law schools, one of which is considerable, at University of Richmond, and the Dean actually called to accept him, and the other offered a full-ride scholarship...but it's in Minnesota...let's just say I don't ever want to be THAT cold. It's at the Univ. of St. Thomas. Even if we don't go to either of these schools, which is likely we wont, since he applied to about 20 schools, it's nice to know we are accepted somewhere, and it's a huge relief. And instead of having rejection after rejection, we get to start the "hearing back" process with 2 acceptances. So nice! I knew Kyle wouldn't say anything, so I decided to brag for him. He is amazing!
5. Madeline is already cooing and laughing all the time. She has passed the "newborn" stage wayyy to fast!
Anyway, that's it. I am just overwhelmed with gratitude and happiness right now!

7 comments:

Tati said...

Hey! Minnesota is not that bad...it is extremely cold, but we could hang out! This is a list of wonderful things- thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

brag all you want, the payne family is amazing! miss you guys (and secretly hoping you come out east for law school).

Brad said...

great list Megan. Glad to see that life is so great. I sure hope a Maryland university hits that acceptance list.... :)

Kristy said...

It was fun to see your new addition!!! You guys will have to check out our blog. Kristyanddalanrohrer@blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What wonderful things to be thankful for. Hallee sounds like an adorable and smart little cookie!

Amanda said...

Hey, what's wrong with cold weather? There's a guy in our ward who went to the University of Richmond for Law School. He works at a firm here in town. Anyway, congrats on the weight loss, I'm sure you look amazing!

Mortensen Family said...

Congrats guys. That's so exciting. That's a lot of weight to loose. Way to Go. I hope the girls are having tons of fun. We hope you guys come back out to Texas. We would love the friends.