Pages

Graduation countdown

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Monday, January 26, 2009

Can I get an AMEN?


I HATE THE DENTIST!!!!!!!!
Today, I went for a filling and to get one of my wisdom teeth removed. That tooth was as small as a small molar...really tiny, but the dentist said it needed to be removed. Anyway, I will spare all the details, but let's just say that I was extremely nervous, cried a little, then I got "the gas", went all loopy, couldn't move my body, so I couldn't say I was nauseous, then I started gagging, threw up about 5 times, and all of this was before they even pulled the wisdom tooth. So, now being fully aware, they pull out the tooth. Not a fun experience....then they gave me loretab to relieve the pain which made me dizzy, tired, and nauseous the rest of the day..not easy when having 2 kids who are dependent on you....STUPID dentist. I hate that we have to have work done on our teeth. Next time....just put me out completely, please!!!! Luckily I have some great friends who are willing to take Hallee for a few hours. Thanks again Rachal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome story! love the details..truly. and I love the gas they give you. It's a wonder I didn't turn to drugs the way I loved the laughing gas so much. At 8 yrs old I had 12 cavities and had to go in 6 times! I loved the feeling of having my feet and legs stretch out another 4 feet and then wrap around my body from my back over my head! Good times!

Katie said...

Girl! I'll take either one of your babies any time you need! Just holler! (616-8999...totally serious)

The Mighty Winstons said...

Sorry you had to go through that, hope you aren't too sore.

Unknown said...

i hate going to the dentist too...except after everything is all done and fixed - then i tend to feel better about my mouth. But the whole process is exhausting.

Lynleigh said...

Hey Megan! I have had a couple cavities filled here in Guam, and one time after the shot, I got all shaky, and the dentist said, "Oh, that must be because I hit an arterie." !!!! Ew, I really didn't want to know that! Then, the second time, he gave me 2 shots because after the first I still wasn't very numb. After waiting awhile, he started working on it, but it obviously wasn't numb enough because I could feel him hitting a nerve when he drilled! Even though that doesn't beat your story, I want you to know I feel for you! Since then I hate the dentist too!