"Easter, the day Jesus rose from the dead--what should we do?"
"How 'bout eggs?"
"Well what does that have to do with Jesus?"
"Alright, we'll hide 'em."
"I don't follow your logic."
"Don't worry there's a bunny."
Hallee doesn't quite get the oddities of the Easter tradition either. "The Easter Bunny hides the eggs." "Why?" "He likes to hide things. He is going to hide your basket too." "Why?" "Stop asking questions, you'll get candy out of it." "Candy?"
We started the weekend with an Easter-egg hunt on Saturday morning. I don't think anybody told Saturday about the plan because it decided to rain which kind of killed the festivities early, as in nobody wanted to stick around, but we still hunted for some eggs despite the rain.
That evening we dyed some eggs so that the Easter bunny would have something to hide, since he enjoys hiding things so much. Que the ginormous pictures (yep, it's a Kyle post).



Sunday morning, before church, was filled with finding what the bunny had hidden and also getting ready for church. Connor is modeling his new tie that Megan made for him. That's right, Megan made that. (I'm not acting surprised I'm just stressing the point, in case you read that wrong). I now want her to start making ties for me. At church Hallee sang with her primary for the first time in her career. We both got teary eyed seeing our little angel up there. Maddie was there for me though and broke up my sobbing with laughter everytime she would yell "hi" to Hallee and wave. She was excited to see her sister up there.


To end the evening we ate a delicious, yet meat-less, Easter dinner. We made margarita pita pizzas and used some fresh basil from a basil plant we just planted. We are hoping for the plant to keep on providing us with its delicious leaves, but we are not the best plant people and today we awoke to it already wilting away. Hopefully some more water will perk it back up.
We also had a family night to make sure that we did focus our Sunday on the real reason we were celebrating. We watched the video below and bore our testimonies to the kids. What a blessing that after this life is over my family and I will rise again, to be together in the eternities. I love my Savior for making that possible. He lives!







4 comments:
Tus bebes estan preciosas (o). Te voy a copiar el corte de cabello de Maddie para Harper, encuanto le salga mas cabello.
Looks like a successful Easter to me! I love the pictures.
Thanks for commenting on my blog,so that I remembered to add yours back to our list. Beautiful pictures of your kids! Your little guy already looks so big.
Oh man, your kids are gorgeous. Love these pictures- nice job, Kyle!
Post a Comment