Ok, here's what happened. At our grocery store, Acme, if you buy 3 boxes of Kellogs cereal, you got a gallon of milk for free. Then, most of the boxes of Kellogs cereal were on sale for 3/$5. So, that's $5 for 3 boxes of cereal AND a gallon of milk. But there's more...attached to the front of 2 of the boxes I got was a coupon for $1.00 off fresh fruit if you buy 2 boxes of kellogs cereal (which I was already doing.) So, I got bananas and lemons for free. THEN, on a Rice Crispies box was attached a coupon for a free bag of m&m's (up to $2.99 value) with the purchase of 2 boxes of reg/chocolate rice crispies (which I was already doing). THEN, the yoplait yogurts were on sale for $.50/each, and before going to the store I printed 2 coupons for $.40/off 6 yoplaits. So, that's almost 2 of those for free. AND I got 4 gerber 1st foods for the price of 3, with a coupon I had. To sum it up;
2 gallons of milk-free
bananas-free
lemons-free
large bag of m&m's-free
a yogurt-free
1 baby food-free
I was on cloud nine when I got home! How incredible is that? I think I'll be going back next week to do it again...that was too fun!

On a side note...yesterday was also the worst day of my life...I accidentally poked Connor's head with a seam ripper, trying to do too many things at once. And it. bled. a lot. I immediately freaked out as soon as I saw blood, threw him in his carseat, put a kitchen towel on his head, and rushed him to the ER which is thankfully 5 min away. When we got there I was uncontrollably sobbing realizing what happened/feeling rediculous guilt. They took him back, cleaned off the blood, and informed me that the cut was pretty small and he would be ok. The doctor came in and goes, "so I hear this is much ado about nothing?" My reply, "yeah, I guess so." The entire time, Connor smiled at every person that came in the room, flirting if you will, with every nurse that came in, and was a total ham. That was a pretty good indication that he was ok. The nurse kept asking, "is he always this happy?" So the doc made sure everything was ok and in place on his head, put a little glue (not elmers) on Connor's cut to stop the bleeding and hold it together, and sent me on my way. I have never in my life felt so awful, terrible, guilty, sick to my stomach. Making your own kid bleed is the worst feeling ever. All I ever do, every day, is my very best to protect them, and then I (put nicely) poked his head. As you can tell I am still not over it. :)
(It was more like a stab, about 1/4 inch wide. It's just too hard to use the word stab in relation to my kid...)
Today has been a much better day. It is sunny and warm, so we had a picnic for lunch out on the back deck, let the girls play in the grass, while we listened to conference. And for the last hour, all the kids were asleep so we got to just sit there in peace, soaking up the sun, listening to the Prophet and Apostles testify to us the truthfulness of the gospel and the teachings of our Savior. I wanted to freeze time. It was rejuvinating. In that moment I truly felt the love that our Father in Heaven has for me and my family. What a great feeling!
(wow...this post was an emotional rollercoaster.)

3 comments:
Couponing can be sooooooo amazing!! I still don't understand how people do it. I tried once and failed. I'm amazed at what you were able to get!! Congrats! Keep it up and you can become one of the extreme coupon ladies on TLC:) They're inspiring.
Is it wrong to say I was cracking up as I finished reading this? (Not because of the spiritual stuff.) Super glue totally does the trick! We used it on Eva's head after she tumbled into the corner of our fireplace. Ouch.
And I am seriously impressed with the score at the grocery store! Watch out, you're on your way to coupon addiction :)
What a cute family! And saving $ on groceries is such a personal victory in my house too!
Post a Comment