Yesterday we went to Philadelphia to get to know Temple and the surrounding areas so that we will know where to live when we move out. First we stopped at a place down on Market St. called Campos. That area of downtown was amazing. It is called Old City and it is very historically preserved so it has a cool feeling to it. I was ready to lease an apartment right there! Anyways Campos was supposed to have amazing cheesesteaks so we stopped there.
The cheesesteaks were good but nothing better than what we have had outside of Philly. However, they did have some rootbeer, Hanks, that is brewed in Philadelphia and that was mmmmm mmmmm delicioso!
After eating we drove over to Temple. We were trying to find a place to park downtown by the campus so I was driving slowly and looking on both sides when I got yelled at by a cop directing traffic. "Come-on buddy! Drive! Go! Go! I'm not just doing this for my exercise!" I smiled and drove on by. Temple has an awesome campus, not as scary as I thought it would be. We went to the admissions office and spoke with the director of admissions who gave us some great ideas on suburbs to live in with at most a 30 minute train ride into campus.After getting to know Temple we drove out to the suburbs and loved it! Megan said that these were the most gorgeous neighborhoods she had ever seen. They were covered with old trees, basically living in a forest and the homes were old but beautiful. The above picture is of a house that we saw a "For Rent" sign out in front. The neighborhoods we were in were definitely out of our price range but some of them were renting out part of the home (like the basement).
This is a picture of one of the roads we drove down. Lots of trees. Below is a picture of one of the homes. It wasn't the most grand of the ones we saw but it was a good representation of the lots and homes we were driving around. All in all we found that the suburbs of Philly are amazing and the downtown is not scary but actually very nice (at least during the daytime).



.jpg)
4 comments:
That looks so awesome! I love those eastern colonial houses. Now if only they would drop the prices by a couple hundred thousand maybe we could live there! :) I'm so excited for ya'll!
i'm glad it wasn't scary. plus, the train sounds like a good idea for transportation. that way you don't have to worry about traffic or anything. law school here you come!
HI!! How are you? I am so good, ya we are due July 5th and I am so excited. I am also so excited for you and moving to philly, thats so cool, why are you guys moving there? It is so pretty I love that place.
isn't it just beautiful?! glad you all had a nice time. I LOVE the houses out here...too bad they cost an arm and a leg. I can't think about what I pay in rent here...if I were living in Texas I could have a 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath house- and own it!!! ugh...oh well, I do love living here though. I'm supposed to be in Philly Tues & Wed of this week...
Post a Comment