So, here is the list of all the Law schools we have been accepted to thus far:
University of St. Thomas - Indianapolis
Univ. of Richmond - VA
Univ. of Santa Clara - CA
Univ of Miami
Arizona State Univ
Brooklyn Univ - NY
Temple Univ - PA
Pepperdine - CA
George Mason Univ - VA
Univ of Indiana
and on the waiting list for Washington and Lee Univ.
We were rejected from:
George Washington Univ - DC
Univ of Virginia
BUT we are still waiting to hear from:
UCLA
USC
UT
NYU
BYU
William and Mary - VA/DC (not sure)
Georgetown Univ - VA/DC
Columbia Univ -NY
Maryland Univ
(so basically all of the really BIG, really hard to get into, kind of schools)
We are still not sure where we will be going, and probably wont know until we hear from all of them.... My reasons for posting all of this is to get input and opinions as to where you think we should go. Not that what anyone says will for sure persuade us, but it would just be nice, and interesting to hear other's thoughts and ideas. So let's hear it!

7 comments:
Anywhere on the east coast! But I'm partial to the east coast now I guess. Somewhere in the DC area would be nice since that's where my sister and my in-laws live so I'd for sure see you.
I fly out tomorrow to Utah, so I'll give you a call when I'm in town. I'm excited to see you!
I say definitely Pepperdine. Have you ever been there? RIght on the coast in Malibu. It's gorgeous!!!!! ANd you'd be close to us!!! And you'd probably end up staying there afterwards cause you'll fall in love with it! Why wouldn't you want perfect weather? Enough said. HAHA.
I big puffy heart California. It's the most wonderful sweetest place in America.
Meggypie, this is a no brainer. ASU. I mean seriously. ASU. No snow. Not terribly expensive to live here. Um, we also don't see a lot of shark attacks, which I'm sure eases your mind. Also, the whole I LIVE IN PHOENIX AND YOU LOVE ME BEST thing. Let's be real: I know nothing about the school itself. I went to its rival school. But, hey, I am entitled to my biased opinion anyway. ASU!
I think the east coast would be super fun, since we'll be neighbors! So, one of the DC schools, or Univ of Maryland would be awesome.
Get the best education you can, wherever that school happens to be -- and look at the saturation of lawyers for the market. California has a gazillion law schools supplying a limited number of firms, so competition is stiff. In a place like Arizona, you only have one or two schools supplying lawyers to a nice amount of firms, so the competition isn't so bad. It changes how hard you havce to search for a job.
Not that this is a definitive factor, but cost of living can really change how much debt you walk away from school with. We'll be around 100k of school debt when I am out. Probably wouldn't be that high in other places. BUT -- everyone is right....you go to California and you fall in love with the perfect weather ;)
Congrats on getting into all of those schools! Come to UCLA! Its such a great ward and the best student housing! If you go to Temple, I have to warn you, the school is in a dangerous place. My sister goes to UPenn so I have visited her a lot and I love philadelphia. We were considering moving there for dental school, but figured the nicer weather is worth it.
Post a Comment