Pages

Graduation countdown

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vacations are so wonderful

Ok, so I am sure some of you have noticed that I have not blogged in quite some time. I am not sure why...I just have had little motivation. So, you have had the pleasure to hear all about Kyle's latest and greatest, including his masterpiece self portrait!
Anyway, last weekend...wait, 2 weekends ago, we went out to Malibu to visit my brother and sister-in-law who had just had a baby in december and they were blessing the little cutie, Luke. So, my entire family (excluding Kristin and kids, we missed you guys btw) went out to be there for the blessing and be able to see each other and spend a little time together. We hadn't all been together since Maddie was born, back at Thanksgiving 2008. So, it had been a while. It was so nice and so fun to see everyone! And it was so great to be there when Austin blessed his baby. It was a very wonderful moment to be there all together for that. He mentioned that Luke is their miracle and I know that he wont just be a miracle to them, but to lots of people he meets in his life. It is so crazy how much our family has grown! It is also so fun for my kids to have cousins to play with. And it's so fun to see how much they love their grandma and grandpa! California was also a very very very very very very (you get the point?) nice change from the snowy Philadelphia weather. (If you didn't hear, Philly got more snow this year than ever before recorded, in the HISTORY of the CITY......EVER........awesome. Of course it's the year we move here) Anyway, we were able to wear shorts, go to the beach, have a picnic in the warm sun, and not be freezing! That was pretty amazing. Let's just say I didn't want to come back home. We also got to see my old college roomie, Val, and her family. I met her cute baby for the first time, and I couldn't get enough! She is super squishy and adorable!
All in all, it was wonderful. I really wish we could see our families more often. Friends are fun and all, but they're not family. Well, that's about it! Thank you so much mom and dad for making that fun weekend possible! There was something else we did while there, but only pictures will do it justice, and I haven't gotten them uploaded yet. But here are a few that we have:

The house we stayed at had horses!
And a trampoline!
Went to the mall and rode a carousel

Then the beach!


All the relatives of the happy family!
Hallee with her best friend, Brooklyn

6 comments:

Leah said...

I'm loving Maddie's pigtails. And your husband and his self portrait did make me laugh. And, by the way, it is gardening season out here...if you need another break from snowville. (AHEM, you DO.)

Unknown said...

we enjoyed having you here!! and just know, California is always open for you to come play and stay!!

B Baillio said...

It was so great seeing you and your family again. It was great to have all the kids together for such a sweet occasion.

mini-wheats said...

I sure miss warm weather!!!

Cody and Valerie Walker said...

I'm so glad we got to see you guys! Hallee looks just like you in that picture with the green shorts with Brooklyn. So cute.

Annette said...

It looks like a great trip. By the way, that is a darling picture of your girls by your title!