Pages

Graduation countdown

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kiss it Better

As my wife's last post said we have been in moving limbo for the past month. All of our stuff is in storage back in Utah and we have been spending time with both of our families while we figure out where we are moving to and then find a place. She talked about the stress, but it has also been a long vacation. Seeing our families has been fun and we have been able to have some fun times with our family as well. We have been doing so many things that I will break this up into more than one post.

Out in San Antonio we had a great time at Grandma and Grandpa's. While we were there we experienced record breaking heat, which for San Antonio can be pretty hot. That made the swimming pool in the back yard even that much more enjoyable for Hallee--she absolutely loved it. Here is a video of her doing her routine. She would swim and then slide and had a blast doing it.
Megan and I got to cool off at the biggest water park in the US, and possibly the world--Schlitterbahn. The park is so cool because it is right along the river and uses river water for its rides. It is also huge, like I said, so there was a lot to do.

If that wasn't enough fun we also went to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Have you ever seen the Wiggles? If you have, I'm sorry. Anyways there is a Wiggles part of the park where the little kids' rides are which is where we took Hallee to have her fun. We had fun with Hallee but I really wish it was anybody but the Wiggles, they kind of creep me out. After a little while Grandma and Grandpa took the kids back home so Megan and I could have some fun just the two of us. I tried a three point shooting contest basketball game hoping to win a big screen TV. I was pretty confident going in because of my mad skills but it ended up being a semi-humbling experience. I only made one shot out of twelve! I say semi-humbling because by the time we left I had made up enough excuses about how it was rigged that I felt pretty good about myself and my pride stayed in tact.

The other highlight of the trip to San Antonio I wasn't there for so I don't have too much to say about it except that the girls had a great time shopping with the Grandparents and the Great Grandparents.

1 comment:

Megan said...

That's probably my favorite video of all time! For those watching, make sure you watch all the way to the end so you don't miss the best part. :)